Q&A Episode – February 2022
In this monthly q & a session, the guys answer listener questions.
J.K. Rowling was nearly homeless when she wrote the first Harry Potter book. Stephen King penned CARRIE on a small desk wedged between a washer and dryer. James Patterson worked in advertising and famously wrote the Toys “R” Us theme song long before becoming an author.
Join New York Times best-seller, J.D. Barker, and indie powerhouses J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon as they pull back the curtain on some of the world’s most prolific authors. Where did they start? What is their process? The biggest names in publishing all have origin stories, all have a process, all have tips and secrets… What does it take to consistently top the bestseller lists? Get your notepad out. School’s in session. This, is Writers, Ink.
Join us on Patreon and ask a question guaranteed to be answered on the podcast!
- What steps do you take to try to even out your cash flow over the course of the year?
- Do you think the idea of a solo writer in a cabin in the woods is outdated in this hyperconnected day and age?
- How do you structure your days and working times when you work on multiple books at the same time? What works well, what didn‘t work well in this regard?
- How would you recommend going about setting up an author website?
- Name at least one book which has influenced some of your writing and say what you got or learned from this book.
J. D. Barker – http://jdbarker.com/
J. Thorn – https://theauthorlife.com/
Zach Bohannon – https://zachbohannon.com/
Proudly sponsored by Kobo Writing Life – https://kobowritinglife.com/
Music by Nicorus – https://cctrax.com/nicorus/dust-to-dust-ep
Contact – https://writersinkpodcast.com/contact/
*Full disclosure: Some of the links are affiliate links.