Q&A Episode – December 2021
In this monthly q & a session, the guys answer listener questions.
J.K. Rowling was nearly homeless when she wrote the first Harry Potter book. Stephen King penned CARRIE on a small desk wedged between a washer and dryer. James Patterson worked in advertising and famously wrote the Toys “R” Us theme song long before becoming an author.
Join New York Times best-seller, J.D. Barker, and indie powerhouses J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon as they pull back the curtain on some of the world’s most prolific authors. Where did they start? What is their process? The biggest names in publishing all have origin stories, all have a process, all have tips and secrets… What does it take to consistently top the bestseller lists? Get your notepad out. School’s in session. This, is Writers, Ink.
Join us on Patreon and ask a question guaranteed to be answered on the podcast!
- How does someone begin an email list when they don’t have any books written or any content on their website?
- Out of the 3 of you, who would be on Santa’s naughty list?
- Marvel movie fans or not marvel movie fans? If fans, to what level?
- What is the best way to rejuvenate your backlist?
- Travel back in time: What advice would you give your younger self about working on your very first book?
- Getting into NFTs for books early: is J crazy or brilliant?
- Given that FB is going into the metaverse, do you think that in the near future, your Avatar will walk along a metaverse road, see an advertising hoarding advert for a book, go into a metaverse bookshop and then buy the ebook version of the book you saw advertised? Discuss.
J. D. Barker – http://jdbarker.com/
J. Thorn – https://theauthorlife.com/
Zach Bohannon – https://zachbohannon.com/
Proudly sponsored by Kobo Writing Life – https://kobowritinglife.com/
Music by Nicorus – https://cctrax.com/nicorus/dust-to-dust-ep
Contact – https://writersinkpodcast.com/contact/
*Full disclosure: Some of the links are affiliate links.