The Thinning Line Between Indie and Traditional Publishing
In this episode, J. and J.D. welcome indie mastermind Zach Bohannon to the show to discuss the growing similarities between indie and traditional publishing.
Whether you’re traditionally published or indie, writing a good book is only the first step in becoming a successful author. The days of just turning a manuscript into your editor and walking away are gone. If you want to succeed in today’s publishing world, you need to understand every aspect of the business – editing, formatting, marketing, contracts. It all starts with a good book, then the real work begins.
Join international bestselling author J.D. Barker and indie powerhouses, J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon, as they gain unique insight and valuable advice from the most prolific and accomplished authors in the business.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- What’s the deal with Audiblegate?
- The benefits of being a “hybrid” author
- Why traditional publishers are starting to value eBooks
- Why indies are becoming more tolerant of traditional deals
- The importance of a mailing list when pursuing a trad deal
- The role of subscription-based services in the future of publishing
J. D. Barker – http://jdbarker.com/
J. Thorn – https://theauthorlife.com/
Zach Bohannon – https://zachbohannon.com/
Proudly sponsored by Kobo Writing Life – https://kobowritinglife.com/
Music by Nicorus – https://cctrax.com/nicorus/dust-to-dust-ep
*Full disclosure: Some of the links are affiliate links.